Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Night Update

Elaine has had a pretty good day. She is stable and was able to eat a little bit of food for dinner. We found out that we are going to have one of the best pelvic trauma orthopedics in the nation doing her surgery. Unfortunately he is out of town until next Monday. So for the next week Elaine will remain in acute care. The orthopedics assured us that she will be fine to wait and Dr Webb is worth waiting for.

Elaine remains in unbelievably high spirits. She has a long road ahead of her, but we all know that God will carry her through her recovery.

Ben wants to say a special thanks to everyone for all their thoughts and prayers. He really appreciates all of the contact through the blog and all the people that have called and have stopped by. It means so much to the family to see everyone support us and Elaine as you all have. Elaine has always been a caregiver to everyone she has met. I truly believe she touches the lives of each person she meets in a special way.

Thanks again for the prayers and the support. I will continue to post daily about her progress through the days and when we get a definite time for surgery. This next week will really just be a week of waiting for Dr. Webb to return.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Elaine and family-

Although I have been kept very up to date on Elaine's recovery through the phone calls from our ATMS family members, this is the first we've had our computer up in several days. I am thrilled to read about how well she is doing already and I look forward to hearing more about how she is healing each day. I hope you know that you are never far from my thoughts and prayers. I went out to the store and bought gnocchi for the first time in a long time last weekend, so I'm pretty sure that God's trying to tell me to make some for you! I can hardly wait to come and visit and pray with you. Until then, I am assured that God holds you in the palm of His hand.

Much Love, Andrea

Jennie Damron said...

Please let Elaine know that her ADK sisters have been praying for her and will continue to pray for her complete recovery. She is so special to us!
Thank you so much for keeping us updated! It is so good to hear about the progress Elaine is making.

Kristy said...

Elaine,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers since the moment I found out. Stay strong.

Love
Kristy Davis

Penny Stewart said...

Hi Elsine,
You have no idea how many prayers have been lifted up for you. I have prayed while driving , cooking ect. and so have my friends at church. You are so special to me as a friend and co worker. I can't wait to see you well. Much love, Penny

Blair said...

Elaine, Ben and family- you all are in our constant prayers. We want to send you an internet "bear hug" that will hold you over until we can see you. And please call and let us know if there is anything we can do for you! In the meantime, we will continue to pray, and look forward to visiting with you soon! All our love- The Collins family

Cindy Neal said...

Elaine and family,

You are very much in our thoughts and prayers. Jerry, our family, and I have been praying for you since we found out, and you are on our prayer list at church. Elaine, you are very special to me, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Love in Christ,
Cindy