Monday, August 13, 2007

Progress Report

Elaine continues to amaze everyone with her recovery. She walked (hopped) with the walker 200ft, she has praticed sitting up in a normal bed, she has practiced getting in and out of a car, and she even made hot tea and muffins in their rehab kitchen.
Elaine is very excited about her progress. She is counting the days until she can come home and get back in the classroom.
Neurology and Orthopedic continue to check her progress and have reported that she is healing very well. She has about 9 weeks left for the halo and to be able to put weight on her right leg.
She will have in-home rehab at least three times a week to help get her through those 9 weeks.

3 comments:

Marcie Causey said...

Dear Elaine,
I am absolutely thrilled to hear of your progress. God has answered the prayers of his people big time!! I was so privileged to see the love and concern of your family for you in the hospital at Myrtle Beach. I wish that I were closer so that I could visit but I will be by to see you the next time I am in NC. My love to you and your family!! Marcie Causey

Anonymous said...

Here comes Elaine, hoppin' down the school house trail.
Hippity, hoppy Elaine is on her way.
I'm so glad you can't hear me sing this.
I know your body and spirit will thrive with faith in God.
Kathy Stuart

Anonymous said...

Elaine-

I've been out of town, so I couldn't check e-mail, but I couldn't be happier to hear how well you are doing and that they've given you a release date! You are proof of the miracles that prayer can bring about! Say hello to everyone (big hug for my little buddy, Iv)and I hope to see you soon.
Love,
Andrea