Thursday, August 9, 2007

August 21st!!!

They gave us a tentative release date of August 21st. Recent x-rays confirmed that her spine and pelvic bone are both healing well. The neurologist say she will wear the halo until mid October. She should be able to put weight on her pelvic bone at the same time.

Therapy continues to go well. Besides increasing Elaine's mobility, therapy has also brought back her appetite and "wears her out " enough that she sleeps better through the night.

Every day she is able to do more and more. It is truly amazing to see progress so well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. Keep working hard Elaine and we will all keep praying. I bet you can't wait to go home. Congratulations!!!
Love-
Pattie Nance

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Elaine, I am so happy you are doing well. You are still in the thoughts and prayers of Jerry and I and our family.

Love,
Cindy Neal

Unknown said...

I went to see Elaine on Friday on my way home from Indiana and she looked amazing! She had been making muffins that morning and had extensive PT as well. She was very excited at the possibility of release on the 21st, and so was I. God truly has done a good work in Elaine! I am so thankful!

Love,
Jodi

Unknown said...

Helen and I are keeping you and Ben in our prayers. Sorry we didn't learn of your accident until I went back to work Aug 1 with Ben. With the healing and progress you are showing it seems that the "Great Physician" is looking after you. Keep your spirits up.

Anonymous said...

Elaine!
I'm so excited for you that you are up and getting around.
WHAT A MIRACLE! I had been at the beach this past week and I thought about you often but could not check my email. When I came back home I couldn't wait to check and see how you were doing...and I got so excited when I read the August reports that I started to cry! I'm just so filled up with the holy spirit right now. God is good, isn't He? I'm just so happy for you. I will miss you at work days next week. It won't be the same without you. But we will take care of things for you. Don't worry!
LOVE YOU!
Anitra